Delta Green - Session 2 - Music from a Darkened Room (part 2) (quickie + update)

Haven't updated the blog in a while now, was focused on IRL stuff.

Session #2 of Delta Green went pretty well, although not a lot happened.

• Some information gathering (played out when I should have just handed out the info!*)
*: the lesson I learned was that unless there is a serious challenge - beyond just being friendly or pulling badge - everything should be summed up and told directly to the players, so that pacing doesn't suffer too much. Procedural crime investigation is more fun on TV because we're constantly seeing stuff that matters either to the investigation or the characters. In RPGs, most of the time you're either looking at stuff that matters to the investigation, or stuff that doesn't. I want to eliminate focus on that latter part, screw realism.

Some interesting information gathering with a big scene around an Alzheimer-stricken kindly old lady who lived in the House on Spooner Avenue - she talked of some italian crone and talked about the (then already deceased) first owner of the house, Isabelle Wheeler. Said she was a whore.
Had a lot of fun playing a character whose general "feel" switched from funny to sad to creepy and then back again to sad in around 15, 20 minutes tops. Somehow managed to not be too cheesy.

• Players met with a friendly asset, a parapsychologist who seems to know what he's talking about. He pushed for an exorcism at night inside the house, and they agreed, that's what we'll play out next game.

I ran a few other things but didn't really see much point in writing session reports for them. I also noticed that the less RPGs I play, the harder it is to get back into them, but once I'm interested again, inspiration flows. I took a break out of IRL needs and to recharge my creative juices, and it seems to have worked.

Next article coming right up to introduce my new Into the Odd thingie - Odd Planet.

Comments

Popular Posts