Vacations in Prehevil (Attempt #1, Marina, Day 1)

Dear diary,

Today I arrived in Prehevil, Bohemia, where I planned on having some nice time-off from the hassle of the big city. I woke up from terrible nightmares to realize my train had stopped in the middle of the woods: the other passengers were as annoyed as me and while most of them stuck around waiting for help, a newswoman decided to go investigate the town on foot. I went with her and discovered some fairly unpleasant things. First off, the weather is shite. It's misty, cold and damp. And the locals are assholes - one of them shot at us with a rifle, while another screamed something about a local festival. I tried talking to the ones who weren't actively trying to murder me and they kept babbling about the moon and some green hue, tearing at their own faces. Oh, and there's a guy who wants me to bring me the head of a priest and, I think, the instigator of whatever is going on here, not sure if he meant the mayor or someone else of local importance.
Exploring further, I found out some connections between old maintenance tunnels beneath the ramshackle houses (which, by the way, hell to navigate as there is no reception in the area and no decent local map), dodged some more murderous bumpkins and eventually reached the mayor's house. There I met a priest and promptly hacked his legs off with an axe I had found, as he seemed as vicious as the others. Then I ran, cause I did not expect him to just grin at me after I cut off his legs. This whole ordeal would have been more reassuring had I enjoyed the company of at least one of the other passengers but every time I stumbled upon one they just played hard to get and left me alone, one of them straight up ran away from me. I took a break to enjoy some meat pie I found in someone's abandoned fridge and tried to get some sleep, only to be interrupted by some stalker teenage girl with long dark hair. Determined to get some rest, I closed the door after she was gone and went back to bed, only to wake up with another creep breathing down my neck. Twas the priest from earlier, sans the legs, he had crawled his way up the basement and ground floor somehow and grabbed me with shocking strength, choking the lights out of me. When I woke up, I was tied up to a fountain in the village's central plaza and a bunch of them were dancing and singing. They must have drugged me cause it took until I finally got down from there after the festivities for me to notice my own legs had been amputated. A good samaritan by the name of August helped me back down, got me my clothes and gear back and told me to run while he distracted the townsfolk before they'd come back for me. I got about thirty feet away before I stumbled upon a lady with a pig skin gas mask who bashed my head in with a gas canister and choked me with what I think might have been mustard gas?

Anyways Europe fucking sucks.

Comments

Popular Posts