Shadowrun Duet - Part 1 - Therapy

Audio

5AM Improv Shadowrun with Cosmic Orrery as my guinea pig player. The character she just rolled is called Mia Ricci, a.k.a. the Lansquenet. She's a Cyborg Street Samurai owned by the Mob. That's all the context she had before I started getting in-character, so it'll be the same for you.

 

“Describe to me if you would: your video club as you remember it. I know it may seem pointless but I want you to focus on the memories and remember again, as vividly as you can, what it looked like that evening. Tell me about the sights, the sounds, the smells, and let the program do its job, you might feel a slight [it's not "slight", it hurts like a hell but only for an instant, before the dopamine and morphine is released] sting.”

(want me to actually describe a thing or?) 

Why yes, that's what we're here for - that is what your, heh, "husband" pays these sessions for, miss.” 

[Jacobi doesn't fuck, he works and he does cocaine - has a wife already too. Hates her gut, she thanks him well].

“well yes, he's not my-" cuts off with sworl of dopamine in my brain "ahhhh the videoclub...It waasss small, and had the nicest blue walls inside, I liked that blue. The neat little racks too offf the videeeos, and the chairs...chairs...nice chairs, plush, little video tapes on them, silly"

(what am I describing?)


“G
ood, good. That night, it's raining outside, you hear something outside - a car. Then customer comes in. What do they look like? [you don't remember] You still with me Mia? What do they look like?” [you don't remember]

“I’m here. I can't see their face”

We've been over this, you can do it
[it's just a silhouette, gray, blurry, maybe they're wearing...like a hoodie or sweater vest? big bag, sports bag]

"I cant... I don’t.... uhm.... their baggy"


[The humming of the neons is interrupted by the sound of the door bell ringing as it opens and shuts, wet mud on their boots, combat boots, black pajama like, sportswear, they ask you something you turn to grab something they asked for on the shelf, you barely hear the click and then it's all black, sharp pain, how can you even see all that brains and bones on the wall if you have no face?]

“No no, that's all wrong, we need more data, rewind.”


[you felt that, the blast through your skull - but it's gone and a glitch and you're back a few moments before]

OOC: try things, the simulation will account for discrepancies between your actual memory and what happened. So it's fine if you're not sure about whether something would make sense in the particular context this scene is taking place in. [ ] : this is your inner voice. OOC is GM commentary, the rest you can figure out from context.

“They come in, they're wearing baggy stuff ok, you feel something's off don't you though? I've seen your file, the Amazonia records, you wouldn't have let your guard down.”

"I.... had.... something in my hand"

You look down and see...

"Uhm.... a knife... no... pistol.... little pistol. Had it hidden.... shelf"


Walther PK Mk III, 9mm, loaded - you know from the weight and you keep it that weigh, nobody messed with it during their shift, thankfully, clip carries only 5 bullets.

The silhouette smiles, asks for something behind you... Then they notice. "Fuck, how the-"

Fumbles for the sawed-off in the bag...

"I shot first..."

Barely missed the head, or was it a warning shot? Hell of a warning if it hit their shoulder.

They crumpled behind the counter and pointed the barrel at your legs, well, at plaster with your legs behind it.

OOC: Take 3 Hits (Sawed-Off at Close Range = 4 Hits, -1 for the Minimal Cover) or take a splintered calf.

Splintered calf

"What happened next? They took the shot, and?" 

“My leg... horrible pain in my leg... fuck... think they blew it off. I slumped... I think... no... I lunged, over the counter as a I fell. To twist my hand... so I could shoot... yes to shoot again.”

You vaulted over towards the shotgun guy to put another bullet or three in them [employee of the fucking month] "I see. Do you remember if they said anything?"

It was a single word not something you'd expect, not an expletive what word was it before the second blast caught you for good It defined a lot of what would come later, somehow, even though you didn't realize it then.

“Ah... a name? no no not a name sounded like one but… Tatterdamelion. Tatterdamelion...weird thing to say when you’re dying”


[The fuck's a Tatterdamelion?]

"Indeed..."


Sharp pain again - snap back to reality - the cold office of your 500 nuyen / hour shrink don't feel too real compared to the simsense.

"Ah!"

“I'm afraid that's all the time we've got but we are making SUCH good progress [wrong word to emphasize]. Anyways, I do need to see my next patient so let's postpone the rest of this, but keep doing the breathing exercises in the meantime and if you get any nightmares again, do record them this time, alright?”

The most condescending asshole you've ever met, and you've talked to many an asshole, lets you go.

"Ah yup, I've got a notebook now…”

Comments

Popular Posts