Warhammer Fantasy RPG 0E

I really love Warhammer Fantasy 1E, but I don't have the brain for crunch that twelve year old me somehow had. Here are modifications that basically make it the 3LBB version of WFRPG.


Movement is out. I don't use miniatures nor worry about exact distances when describing combat.

• No such a thing as a Good Elf - everyone starts out as Neutral.

Encumbrance = You can carry 10 + Strength + Toughness items.
Heavy weapons and Chain armor counts as 2 items, Plate armor counts as 3 items.

Initiative is Agility. Want to act before the fancy swordsman? Ambush that sucker.

Weapon Modifiers are Optional. Not using them is not even a house rule.

Hit Location is determined by looking at the unit number on a Hit (as Perilous Ages)

0 = Head
1-2 = Right Arm
3-4 = Left Arm
5-7 = Body
8-9 = Legs

• No re-rolling damage, but Critical Hits happen on a 1 and when the dice match (11, 22, etc).

• I'll worry about the Magic rules the day someone becomes a Wizard, heh?

I'm quite surprised. I expected the list to be a lot longer, but I mis-attributed a lot of the useless crunch from 2E to 1E. Of course, I'm not dismissing the more detailed rules for weapons and such as bad, I'm just saying I have no patience for them. Might put them back in the game if we miss them, but I highly doubt that.

Comments

Popular Posts